Our church staff has been discussing spiritual health. We began by posing an elementary question: "What are the indicators of spiritually healthy person?" What do you look for to assess your fitness in this most critical area of personhood? (And though it is a theologically correct answer, we needed something more specific than "being like Jesus"!)
As I've been pondering this question, I thought I'd share my thoughts. Here's my preliminary list of spiritual health indicators:
1. I have good energy for engaging in Christian service
2. I am optimistic about my life and my endeavors for God
3. I am exhibiting Christ-like qualities in my relationships, and am growing in my ability to express those qualities.
4. I have a strong desire to spend time with God (prayer, Bible reading, meditation, etc.)
5. I am emotionally moved by the things that Jesus cared about.
So, what do you think? I'd love to hear your comments and see the things you would put on this list!