Sunday, February 19, 2012

How Do You Know If You're Spiritually Healthy?

How do you know if you're spiritually healthy? Good question, isn't it?

Our church staff has been discussing spiritual health. We began by posing an elementary question: "What are the indicators of spiritually healthy person?" What do you look for to assess your fitness in this most critical area of personhood? (And though it is a theologically correct answer, we needed something more specific than "being like Jesus"!)

As I've been pondering this question, I thought I'd share my thoughts. Here's my preliminary list of spiritual health indicators:

1. I have good energy for engaging in Christian service
2. I am optimistic about my life and my endeavors for God
3. I am exhibiting Christ-like qualities in my relationships, and am growing in my ability to express those qualities.
4. I have a strong desire to spend time with God (prayer, Bible reading, meditation, etc.)
5. I am emotionally moved by the things that Jesus cared about.

So, what do you think? I'd love to hear your comments and see the things you would put on this list!

No comments:

Post a Comment